Don't give me your fake Jesus,
Your popular Jesus, your counterfeit Jesus.
Give me the weird Jesus,
The outcast Jesus, the misfit Jesus.
Give me the Jesus who turned the world on its head,
Who challenged the righteous and ate with sinners instead.
Who challenged the righteous and ate with sinners instead.
Don't give me your shallow platitudes,
Your virtue signaling, your ivory-tower attitudes.
Your virtue signaling, your ivory-tower attitudes.
I don't need your white-only Jesus,
Your sexist Jesus, your prejudice-is-alright Jesus.
Give me the in-your-face Jesus,
The feminist Jesus, the don't-judge-by-race Jesus.
Your sexist Jesus, your prejudice-is-alright Jesus.
Give me the in-your-face Jesus,
The feminist Jesus, the don't-judge-by-race Jesus.
I will not feast at the table of your lies,
Your sugar-coated words, your half-truths in disguise.
Give me the real Jesus,
The fierce Jesus, the witty Jesus.
Don't give me your polished Jesus, your pretty Jesus,
Who keeps his head down and does as he's told.
Give me the Jesus who's brave and bold.
Your sugar-coated words, your half-truths in disguise.
Give me the real Jesus,
The fierce Jesus, the witty Jesus.
Don't give me your polished Jesus, your pretty Jesus,
Who keeps his head down and does as he's told.
Give me the Jesus who's brave and bold.
I don't want your Jesus who blends in with the crowd.
I need the Jesus who loves me out loud.

Comments
Post a Comment